Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She's chewing the paint and plaster off the wall corner,

Customer Question
She's chewing the paint...

She's chewing the paint and plaster off the wall corner

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

Mitzi 3 months 1 week

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Mitzi

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mitzi?

No I don't think so. She's a pure bred English bulldog and she is biting me compulsively

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/2/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing her consuming?

Do you know what type of paint this is?

Any active symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?

What playtime is scheduled during a day and how long?

Can you share video of the biting you're seeing?

Are you currently working on kennel training with her? When is the wall corner destruction occurring?

What items are being given for teething and positive chewing outlet?

She had diarrhea last night. I have a pet sitter who comes when I'm at work to walk , feed and play with her and when I'm home we play. Also we are in puppy kindergarten class every Wednesday evening. She has a plethora of chew toys and teething rings but they appear to occupy her 5 mins at the most and then she's back chewing the separation gate, wall, step, tray and chairs. Not to mention my wrists, hands and thighs!!!

Do you know what type of paint this is?

Are you currently working on kennel training with her?

Are you using any chewing items that are flavored like bully sticks, nylabones, greenies, etc?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian