Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Last wk he darted out from the house and sat down on the

Customer Question

Last wk he darted out from the house and sat down on the corner in the rain and refused to come in.. now he is afraid to go outside..nothing happened either inside or outside to cause this behavior. He is a 20 month old mastiff and has lived in the same place since 14 weeks old. Please help!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Mastiff's name?
Customer: Zuess
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Mastiff?
Customer: He was a rescue dog when we got him at 14 wks old. Has always been a quick learner, loves people, especially his family! Have never been able to chain him up or he literally shuts down and won't move for hours. Have never been able to put him in the fenced back yard or he carries on like he is getting beat. We thought this was due to things that happened before he came to us. If the gate was open to the back yard he came and went fine. Never a problem with the front yard either. Now he acts scared and freaked out to even go outside.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of what you're seeing?

Is he willing to go outside altogether or simply scared to go out?