Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog got outside and was missing maybe 2 days. He's back but he won't eat, lethargic and appears not to respond to us. We

Customer Question
He got outside and...

He got outside and was missing maybe 2 days. He's back but he won't eat, lethargic and appears not to respond to us. We live in the country. Poison? Snake bite? Help!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the snake ate?

I don't KNOW it was snake bite, but they are bad this year.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the snake?

No, since I know nothing more.. worried about Bud.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 6 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am sorry that Bud has you worried. I would like to assist but need to ask some questions and see if we can figure what is going on with Bud.

Please take a look at the gun colr are they pale? If you press on the gums do they come right back to the normal color?

Look at his eyes, and are the pupils both equal, and do they respond to a light?

Check the body for any swollen areas that could possibly indicate a snake bite.

I or passed stool?

Is the abdomen Painful if gently pressed?

Has he urinated or passed any stool?

Are his gums moist or dry?

If you pull up the skin does it go back in place quickly?

Joan

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian