Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 13 yr old male pug with diarrhea. The stool is

Customer Question
I have a 13...

I have a 13 yr old male pug with diarrhea. The stool is soft, and he 'drips' it along, inside the house. It has some mucous, but nothing that looks like blood. Mostly it is just soft and runny

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the pug's name?

I have been giving him canned pumpkin with a little canned dog food and some kibble. The kibble is the same brand, but a new flavor, so I am suspecting this. Everything else he has had before. From the time he was a puppy he has had a 'sensitive' system, and I learned early on not to feed him human food. the only other thng is Dasuquin for disjoints, half a soft chew a day.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the pug?

My vet is very familiar with him. We've been there increasingly over the last 3 years as he has aged. But the loose stool has never lasted this long. Usually the pumpkin works. Should I NOT give him other food - just the pumpkin?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- How much does he weigh?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian