Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 8 1/2 year old Great Dane just had trouble getting up and

Customer Question

My 8 1/2 year old Great Dane just had trouble getting up and her balance is off. When she was 6 mo. old and 18 mo old she lost her balance and her stool as well we had her brain checked out but everything came back good. She does have some
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the Great Dane. What is the Great Dane's name?
Customer: cervical issues but his shows different signs than when that bothers her. Kylie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Great Dane?
Customer: About a year ago she couldn't get up but it was like her legs fell asleep much like ours and once she regained feeling she was fine. I thought that was this initially but it's completely different. I just have her previcox
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She was anxious and wide eyed, panting a lot and now is licking a lot. (Not to say she doesn't lick a lot every night) but she is licking in a place she normally doesn't. When she had to walk up a small set of stairs to come in the house she lost her balance enough that she fell on her butt. Things like this stress her out and she pants a lot.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video of what you're seeing?

Was the previous condition ever diagnosed?

For what purpose is she taking the previcox?

Any other medications or supplements?