Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Well Buster is 15 in 2 weeks. Weighs a perfect 50 lbs for…

Customer Question
Well Buster is 15...

Well Buster is 15 in 2 weeks. Weighs a perfect 50 lbs for her age and size. Today her rear legs gave up. She is whining a lot as she scoots around. This has been going on for hours. She is partially blind, and deaf. but she still has a good time outside and does all of her business outside and eats like there is no tomorrow. I watched her sister die from a terminal brain cancer and even when I was feeding he baby food with my finger and using a dropper the very refused to put her down. She died tnhe next day anyway. it has only been 10 minutes since I gave her 2 81 mg asperin

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the baby's name?

Buster

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buster?

She had a very large benign tuner removed from her front leg two years ago. She is cov covered in very small tumors which the vet says are benign and never bleed so best to leave then me since she has so many

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 6 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am sorry to hear Buster is having problems.

Does she have feeling in the back legs?

Any swelling in the joints?

Was she playing prior to ths happening?

Joan

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian