Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog woke up with tremors as she breathes, she can barely…

Customer Question
My dog woke up with...
My dog woke up with tremors as she breathes, she can barely walk, her back legs are weak, she's been having very large stools the last 2 weeks, not solid, light green, she is drinking water and eating small bites of food. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Can you share pictures of the bumps on her vulva?
2) Is she spayed?
3) Can you share video of the tremors and weak back legs?
4) Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys? Stressful changes to the environment?

Thank you for the info and pics. Can you also share video of the tremors and weak back legs?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bailee is really hot as well. So she might be fighting an infection of some sort. All she wants to do is sleep. She is eating and drinking with my help.She doesn't have tremors right now but I will try and get you a video of her leg movements
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Haven't had luck with videos. File size is too large. Bailee cannot get up the steps. I have to carry her up.

Are you able to take a rectal temperature?

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If it fails to load, the files are likely too large. You can also use websites like Imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If this does not work and you’d prefer to text them directly to my cell phone, let me know. There is an additional charge for this, but it can make the job of sending pictures or video much more simple. Just let me know what works for you. I’ll be standing by.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, just saw your response. Can I respond to your questions later today?

Absolutely. Any time you're ready.