Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog lola doesn't like using the doggy door, she will use…

Customer Question
My dog lola doesn't...

My dog lola doesn't like using the doggy door, she will use it when other dogs are over and then suddenly stop altogether. I have placed food on the other side and have observed her sit in front of the door for hours without touching it, she will go through the door with it tied open though she doesn't like pushing it. I have found if and when she does use it she seems to paw at it and bounce it until she can have it open wide enough for her to quickly run through it, she will usually just give up. I have coached her through it for many hours at a time and she will appear to use it fine, before referring back.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog training's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** is a miniature schnauzer and she is 3

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Dog Trainer should be aware of about Lola?

She doesnt seem to like squeezing between objects

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand that Lola is reluctant to use the doggy door on her own, but she will use it when other dogs are around. Is that a correct summary?