Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog is a 10 year old dog. She tore the tendon in her front leg that holds the elbow in place. the Vet said surgery

Customer Question
She is a 10...

She is a 10 year old bull dog. She tore the tendon in her front leg that holds the elbow in place. the Vet said surgery usually doesn't work so we didn't do it. Her paw is now bending backwards when she walks and trips her up. What would cause the paw to do this?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

There is no wound. She has terrible joints but this has recently started happening with the paw.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Lucy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

She has some arthritis in all her legs.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of her walking?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian