Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

she is a 10 year old bull dog. She tore the tendon in her

Customer Question

she is a 10 year old bull dog. She tore the tendon in her front leg that holds the elbow in place. the Vet said surgery usually doesn't work so we didn't do it. Her paw is now bending backwards when she walks and trips her up. What would cause the paw to do this?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There is no wound. She has terrible joints but this has recently started happening with the paw.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lucy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She has some arthritis in all her legs.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of her walking?