Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog started vomiting about 3 weeks ago. It was only every…

Customer Question
My dog started vomiting...

My dog started vomiting about 3 weeks ago. It was only every few days and never his solid food. Took him to the vet last Wed. and they did bloodwork and an xray of his stomach. Stomach looked fine but small intestine looked bunched up w/ multiple gas pockets. Had an ultrasound done and couldn't find anything in the small intestine. Dr. prescribed fomtidine and sucralfate and a diet of rice and ground beef. At this time his stools were solid. As of 2 night ago, he has had diarrhea. Was thinking maybe his system was just being cleared out but now it is bright yellow.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

Not that we know of. Thats why the vet did the xray's and ultrasounds. Nothing has shown from those

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Bentley

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bentley?

I don't think so He's a golden doodle- 7 years old

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a copy of the bloodwork that was performed?

Was a fecal examination also performed by your vet at the time of presentation?