Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Please help!!! My dog (Trey)cant pee and is struggling to…

Customer Question
Please help!!! My dog...
Please help!!! My dog (Trey)cant pee and is struggling to poop. I took him to the vet 1 1/2 weeks ago and the Dr. Found a large mass almost the size of a grapefruit near his rectum. He was not able to pee or poop. Dr. Gave him a enema and was able to relieve him. He also placed a catheter and kept Trey for 4 days. He was sent home with 20 mg of prednisone and Bactrim 136 1 1/2 tablets per day. When I picked him up Wednesday , he was able to pee and poop until yesterday.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

This is a medical emergency and you need to take your dog to a vet ER right now!!

The vet opens tomorrow at 8:30 am. Can I wait?

No, you cannot wait.........

If they give him a catheter, will they release him to me so I will be able to take him to my regular vet tomorrow? I had a bad experience with our local pet er.

They cannot hold him against your will but if they place a catheter you will have to leave him overnight. No good vet will send a patient home with catheter in.....

can I answer any other questions Juley?

I will check back with you later...I have to run some errands but let me know if you have additional questions.....Sincerely, DRB

Please go to ER...this is essential right now. DRB

Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).
Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB