Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog has been diagnosed with an indolent ulcer, she is in

Customer Question

My dog has been diagnosed with an indolent ulcer, she is in no pain, nor does she scratch at it. This ophthalmic vet wanted to do more surgery which I cannot afford
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Dixie, 6yrs. Not fleas an indolent eye ulcer
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you....has this ulcer already had surgery? and what breed is your dog?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This vet put a bandaid on it. Then said she needed more surgery. He charged me $2000.00 for that. Wanted another $3000.00
Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Do you mean a conjunctival graft?

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Is your dog a boxer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Minpin-pu
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Doesn't appear to be in no pain
Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

if they charged you $2000 for a conjunctival graft...that is way high.......I would suggest getting a second opinion from another vet eye doctor......that would be my best recommendation to you......no way for me to know or any Doc to know if this can be dealt with without more surgery....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

If ulcer really does need surgery and you don't do it your dog will likley lose her vision....any maybe the eye...

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Can I answer any other questions for you?

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).
Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you or help you find another eye Dr because I can help with that....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot afford surgery. My husband has not worked in a yr. He is waiting for a liver-kidney transplant
Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

I understand....but another eye doc may have another way to deal with this.....does that make sense and I feel one you going to way overpriced.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you want help locating another Doc.....