Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions
Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. What kind of cupcake was this? Did it have any sugarless things on it or a lot of chocolate? What was the liner made of?
Ok. This is one of those situations where the amount of chocolate in that single cupcake for a guy his size shouldn't be an issue. That material of cupcake liner isn't the most worrisome of materials, but could it become a blockage. It would be easy to make him vomit and try to get it out so it wouldn't be an issue. 3% hydrogen peroxide is a pretty safe thing to give and it is typically dosed at 5 mls per 10 pounds. So a 40 pound dog would get 20 mls (and it can be mixed with some milk to make it go down better). In about 5-10 minutes with some jiggling and walking, they typically vomit. If it doesn't come up, then waiting and watching for vomiting down the road is what is typically done.