Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is a 4 year old pit/lab mix he will not eat and he is…

Customer Question
My dog is a...

My dog is a 4 year old pit/lab mix he will not eat and he is drinking a lot of water

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the pit's name?

Jax

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has he been showing signs?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Did the increased thirst start before or with the appetite loss?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?