Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My beagle appears to have a front paw injury She seems

Customer Question
My beagle appears to...

My beagle appears to have a front paw injury She seems unable to put weight on it to stand but once in a standing position, is able to walk.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wound that we can see and no swelling either

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the beagle's name and age?

Grace and she is 9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Grace?

She is overweight but was that way when we got her at the Humane Society. She tore the connecting band in both rear legs a couple of years ago but taught herself to walk again. She is motivated by food.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Lisa, Certified Vet Tech replied 8 months ago
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Does it seem to be painful to her when you touch it?

If you look at the underside, is there any damage to the pads, or anything stuck between the toes?

Has she been walking anywhere that she may have stepped on something?

Is she otherwise acting normally?

Has she only been doing this today?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian