Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My mate dog just past away she had bleeding in the eyes and…

Customer Question
My mate dog just...

My mate dog just past away she had bleeding in the eyes and blood in her mouth what could it be as my dog and her went to the ovel just like we do and now i am warred about my do can you help /what about stricnine the people next door are dingo baiters

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

The bitch was going running thro the house realy fast and hiding under the bed and she was frothing in the mouth she was a staffy

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this. She was likely poisoned by ingesting an anticoagulant rodenticide or a rodent that had been poisoned by the rodenticide. Other causes include a snake bite with venom that causes a coagulopathy (blood clotting disorder), or thrombocytopenia (lack of blood platelets) caused by tick-borne infections or immune-mediated (her immune system would have been attacking her own blood platelets). Her running through the house, etc., and then bleeding suggests a venomous snake (brown snake, e.g.) which you have plenty of in Australia. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian