Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog won't ear or drink water for 3 days now and is very sluggish, 4 year old mixed breed dog, Rupert, He's always very

Customer Question
He won't ear or...

He won't ear or drink water for 3 days now and is very sluggish

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

4 year old mixed breed dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Rupert

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rupert?

He's always very peppy and playful until Thursday. Wife noticed he'd been coughing a bit Thursday but I've not noticed since then.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Any breathing changes for Rupert?

Does he seem sore with his mouth or throat?

Can he keep any water down?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian