Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My fiance dog named Daisy is around 6 years old. She is

Customer Question

My fiance dog named Daisy is around 6 years old. She is experiencing rapid scratching in her underbelly and she was just groomed 2 weeks ago. What i stumbled upon is that she hasnt had a current rabies vacc since 2012. I immediately scheduled her for next week in our area but she is very uncomfortable.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No. Shes extremely overweight and i don't think she can reach where she is trying to scratch. Her owner is out of state on business and Im here with her.
JA: The Expert will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Daisy?
Customer: Shes a Chihuahua mix and very overweight.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Any changes to the skin (ie pustules, pimples, redness, crusts/scaling, ulcers, or sores)?

Any diet change in the 2 months before this started?

Is she worse at any particular time of year?

What flea treatment did you use? When did you last apply it?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.