Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My dog buster came in from outside crying and shaking his

Customer Question

My dog buster came in from outside crying and shaking his head, scratichnh
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: he is 5, buster
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: he calmed down within 15 minutes but has been lethargic since and that was an hour ago
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: He won't eat treats, will only sit in my lap and gets upset if I try to move
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Buster, please?

It sounds as if he were envenomated by a flying insect, spider, or snake or perhaps a plant awn (foxtail, e.g.) found its way into his ear.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Foxtail. Got him to a vet. Handled last night... 8 hours ago.

Thank you for the update. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.