Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our dog (large golden) just got into a back of grass seed

Customer Question

Our dog (large golden) just got into a back of grass seed that was treated with apron XL and Gravity PGS. The bag has a warning label that says do not use for feed, food, or oil purposes. I can't tell if he injusted any of it or not. He ripped the bag open and its all over the floor. How much would he havhave to eat for it to be dangerous? He weighs about 110 lbs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the Golden will be able to digest that. What is the Golden's name and age?
Customer: jackson and he's 5 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jackson?
Customer: Not really. He's in great shape and healthy.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Now there is no set dose that is safe or dangerous for dogs, as research into testing that would be inhumane and unethical. Therefore, we instead need to look at Jackson and any signs he may have. Therefore, can you tell me if he has any current signs of illness?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Can he keep water down?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Any diarrhea or breathing changes?