Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 8 month old boxer and German Sheppard mix chewed up a

Customer Question

My 8 month old boxer and German Sheppard mix chewed up a vile of xopenex...it was opened on both ends...not sure how much she got, but she is sleeping a lot and not being her normal self...she did play outside a lot today, could she just be tired? How long would the side effects take to start occurring? I just checked her heart rate and it was 140 on the dot so I know that's okay...I am really trying to avoid an $800 er visit thank you
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long ago did this happen?

How is she just now?

What was the milligrams of the product?

What is her weight?

How is her breathing rate?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?