Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My great danes hind leg became swollen and, i tried he is

Customer Question

my great danes hind leg became swollen and
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: i tried he is laying on it he came from outside and my wife noticed his leg swollen
JA: What is the Great Dane's name and age?
Customer: bently 6
JA: What is the Great Dane's name?
Customer: bently
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your Great Dane?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am sorry to read about your Great Dane having problems.

Can you get him up and look at the leg very carefully. Look to see if there are any dots red spaced about 1/4 inch apart. A Swollen leg and dog have been outside can be an indication of a Snake bite or spider bite. Examine very carefully. This is snake bite season, Copper heads and rattle snakes have been causing problems in dogs this time of year. Please also feel for heat in the leg.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

How is the dog doing? Did you find any bite marks?

Joan