Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My puppy pug just downed a lizard... She seems okay now, but…

Customer Question
Hi Lisa, my puppy...

Hi Lisa, my puppy pug just downed a lizard...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your puppy?

She seems okay now, but I'm not sure if I should be worried -- are lizards toxic? (Florida)

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your puppy seem to hurt?

She isn't hurt. She ate a lizard.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. The Expert will know if your puppy will be able to digest that. What is the pug's name?

Chica.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chica?

She is in puppy training, but she hunts down the lizards in the enclosed pool (tsome how sneaking in).

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Thanks. She is sleeping on the floor; nothing unusual.

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. This is very unlikely to cause Chica any health problems of any sort, really this is just natural puppy behaviour, my own cats do this all the time and I have never known it cause them any adverse symptoms, and in my experience the same thing applies to dogs.

2. Given the above there are no special measures you need take. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me in the very unlikely event that Chica's condition changes in any way or if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Okay, thanks.

No problem, very glad to be advising you.

Please let me know how things go ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Chica is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the lizard issue ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Hi Dr Nimmo, sorry for the delayed response. She seems to be fine. Thanks so much!

Hey no problem, the main thing is that Chica is OK ...

Kindest regards,

Dr Scott

Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian