Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Bugs bites and this morning started limping so his vet gave

Customer Question
me rymadil 1/2 tab 2xday JA...
Bugs bites and this morning started limping so his vet gave me rymadil 1/2 tab 2xday
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: yes, no wound... insects bites
JA: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ari 51/2 y o
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Yes, he takes apoquel daily
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What questions can I assist you with today?

You were reviewing my question but You did not answered my question. ???

JACustomer, you stated your companion had bug bites that started yesterday morning, and has been on apoquel and rimadyl. I posted back asking what question I could answer for you. I'll be happy to assist, but I do not know what questions you have. I've only received a history.

Can he take Benadryl together with the two meds I mention he is taking?

Yes, he can. Benadryl should be dosed at 1-2mg/pound of body weight orally every 8-12 hours. If you need help calculating a dosage, let me know his current weight. Benadryl comes in 25mg and 50mg caplets and capsules. There's also a liquid variety, though it usually causes drooling in dogs and sometimes vomiting. Be sure to read all labels as some Benadryl contains xylitol which can be toxic to dogs.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Hi Pasqua,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
PitRottMommy

Checking in. How is Ari?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse