Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Bichon 12 years old female. Her stomach looks like is it

Customer Question

Bichon 12 years old female. Her stomach looks like is it getting large or distended. She would eat day and night but we limit her to a little in the morning and some at night.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Bichon's name?
Customer: Molly
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Molly?
Customer: She has been treated for kidney stones before. She goes to the vet often and she had high liver enzymes but came back to normal.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

It sounds as if Molly is polyphagic (increased hunger) and so I need to know if she's also polydipsic (increased thirst) and polyuric (increased volume of urine). If so, in conjunction with an enlarging abdomen, Cushing's disease (hyperadrenocortisolism) needs to be considered in a 12 year old Bichon.