Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Upper eye lid of 4yr old lab suddenly exposed She doesn't

Customer Question

upper eye lid of 4yr old lab suddenly exposed She doesn't appear in pain Does she need treatment?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: gracie 4yrs old.no other issues
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

"Upper eye lid...suddenly exposed" is unclear to me. Are you referring to the third eyelid - the nictitating membrane - which can prolapse across the globe of the eye? Can you upload a photo(s) of this eye to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?