Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

He is a 5month old shizu weight about 5 kl has eaten 10mg of

Customer Question

he is a 5month old shizu weight about 5 kl has eaten 10mg of amlodipine 4hours ago
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: teddy is his name about 5months
JA: How old is Teddy?
Customer: 5 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Teddy?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

How is Teddy currently acting, please? I might dose a 5 kg dog with as much as 0.5 mg/kg or 2.5 mg for Teddy. In one study in dogs, overdosage caused (in the order of high to low frequency) tachycardia (increased heart rate), low blood pressure, lethargy, vomiting, and high blood pressure.