Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I took my dog in day before yesterday to the vet for

Customer Question

I took my dog in day before yesterday to the vet for vomiting. She has a sensitive stomach. But she was still acting like her self playing and eating and drinking. The vet and I agreed to wait 30 hrs to see if it would resolve itself. She also got her rabies shot and I was given anti nausea meds to give her 2X daily for 2 days. However yesterday she wouldn't eat, wanted nothing to do with food, but the vomiting seemed not to be an issue until evening, the she would vomit up the water. Stomach area seems to be tight, she is having trouble walking but wants to find a place to hide but at the same time wants in my lap. Seems like she can't get comfortable. I have her in her crate just to keep her calm.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: She is 4 years old. She has also lost weight, usually about 14.6 lbs at vet she weighed 11.4 lbs
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

What anti-nausea medication was she sent home with?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Any chance she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?