Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

We just got a dog from the shelter. They nutered him today…

Customer Question
We just got a...

We just got a dog from the shelter. They nutered him today and then he was brought home around 4pm. We took him on 4 walks (thought they said to have him rest, the dog paces and won't lay down). But it hasn't urinated even once in all that time (or defacated). I'm concerned.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

It must have been neglected, there are flea bite scabs all over his body. They treated him with NextGuard or some flea medicine.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Never mind, I think I'll just take him to the vet in the morning.
7/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Emily, Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Emily
Dr. Emily, Dog Veterinarian

I'm sorry someone was not available to assist you last night. If you have further questions, I am available at this time.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian