Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
97381174

My Boston terrier swallowed a digestible raw hide. Sookie, 7

Customer Question

My Boston terrier swallowed a digestible raw hide.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your boston terrier will be able to digest that. What is the boston terrier's name and age?
Customer: Sookie
JA: How old is Sookie?
Customer: 7 yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sookie?
Customer: I did give her a good amount of laxaire
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand that Sookie swallowed a raw hide. I am sorry to hear that. How is Sookie doing - any vomiting?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not anymore. She actually had a large piece stuck in her throat. I got that out. But I think she has a piece deeper. I did give her a lot of laxaire
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She ate the laxaire pretty easy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The raw hide says it's 100% digestible

If it is deeper it is likely in the stomach. This can cause upset stomach and vomiting. This needs to be monitored and if it occurs then she should be taken to a veterinarian. You can give her some Pepcid to decrease nausea. The raw hide will eventually be able to be digested and will pass through.

If no vomiting in 24 hours then everything will pass through.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. If you have no other questions, I would greatly appreciate a positive review. You may leave up to 5 stars when ready. Your review helps connect Experts with other customers, so your input is highly appreciated. Thank you!