Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog looks like he's pain, he usually gulps his food down but I notice that he is chewing it and then for the last 2 days

Customer Question
He looks like he's...

He looks like he's pain, he usually gulps his food down but I notice that he is chewing it and then for the last 2 days hardly not eating anything but will go out for a walk and drink water.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Hes limping too and I think that was the foot that he broke a couple years ago.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Pepper

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

I think that's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How old is Pepper?

Any drooling, pawing at his mouth, chattering/grinding his teeth, or discomfort with his mouth?

Any sores or changes in the mouth? Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian