Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He's a pug, about 11 years old. His eyesight is going bad

Customer Question

He's a pug, about 11 years old. His eyesight is going bad and he isn't
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the pug?
Customer: his eye sight is going bad, he can't see stuff close to him. also his hearing is starting to go. lastly it seems his hind legs are getting wobbly. he still eats and drinks and knows where to go to get food and water and where his bad is, hard to see him look and act like this! xrays and blood tests were all normal.
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: the vet did a full physical and checked all that out. his joints seem strong as well. they mentioned putting him down was an option before he gets way worse. he does run into stuff bc he can't see what's right in front of him. he does recognize his name if we shout it a few times.
JA: What is the pug's name?
Customer: Dukey; we have two other pugs and the youngest just is crazy and crashes into Dukey when he's playing etc
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the pug?
Customer: seems like his eyesight and hearing just got bad over a really short period of time. he can't navigate small steps and when he's in the back yard he doesn't seem like he knows where he is any more.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Richard Rawling replied 2 months ago.

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Did your vet discuss any medication that may help Dukey?