Sheena Christensen
Sheena Christensen,
Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Willamette Veterinary Hospital
98941024

My 12 year old cocker spaniel girl is peeing more frequently

Customer Question

Hi, my 12 year old cocker spaniel girl is peeing more frequently in the house. It's not everyday that this happens but it's more noticeable to me.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Cocker Spaniel's name?
Customer: Madison
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Madison?
Customer: About a month ago I had a physical done and he said she was fine, no signs of issues. She got a rabies shot, then was mad at me for a while and kept peeing in the house. Besides that she's fine
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sheena Christensen replied 2 months ago.

Hi there. I am Dr. Christensen. I am sorry to hear that Madison is urinating in the house. I know that it can be very frustrating. My best advice is to make sure there is not a medical reason for this behavior. Things like urinary tract infections, diabetes, and cushing's disease can lead to urinating in the house. I would highly advise taking her to the veterinarian for some baseline tests, like a urinalysis. This will give you a lot of answers. I know she wasn't sick at her last visit, but a lot can change quickly. Was the helpful? If you have a moment, I would greatly appreciate it if you would rate my service. Thank you. I hope Madison feels better soon!