Dr. Emily
Dr. Emily, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at a small animal clinic
77376308

My dogs have a severe tick infestation, Bella age 6,

Customer Question

My dogs have a severe tick infestation
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bella age 6, Buttercup age 6, Darling age 4
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bella age 6, Buttercup age 6, Darling age 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** and I would like to assist with your concern. There are some great products out there for ticks. The best one to use to have the ticks back out and fall off the dog is the Seresto collar. You can purchase this at PetSmart. I would not recommend buying this online so as there are fake versions of it out there. Another option is Nexgard. This is an oral prevention but it needs to be purchased from a vet. I would also recommend having a tick panel known as a 4dx test done in about 6 months to be sure they did not contract any diseases from the ticks. A test would not show up positive right away though.

Hi Brittany,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Brittany Kalchik. How is everything going?

Dr. Emily