Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 15 year old pit she hasn't had any food or water in

Customer Question

I have a 15 year old pit bull she hasn't had any food or water in 3 days she isn't able to stand or walk and has a lot of yellows gunk coming out of her eyes
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes she has a wound on her leg she has had Nick granulosis for about a year and a half she was on amoxicillin and it hasn't cleared up
JA: The Expert will know what to do. What is the pit's name?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** did take her to a vet that's how we found out what was wrong with her leg
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the pit?
Customer: I took her to the vet to days ago he didn't do any type of examination didn't check for it since you had a viral infection or bacterial affection that you like just gave her a shot of anabiotic's Joe me to bring your mom
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Is Roxy weak or unable to move/feel her legs?

Any retching, lip licking, drooling, vomiting, or diarrhea?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?