Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

I'm puppy sitting an 11 week old french bulldog for the

Customer Question

Hello, I'm puppy sitting an 11 week old french bulldog for the weekend. I'm experienced at having dogs, but this little guy seems to have a hard time breathing. ...
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the French bulldog?
Customer: He's blowing snot from his nose in the morning and just now seemed to be having trouble breathing. she just took him to the vet 2 days ago before dropping him off and he's cleared
JA: What is the French bulldog's name?
Customer: her vet thinking allergies i think anything i can give him to clear him up? Bosco
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bosco?
Customer: He was the runt of his litter but seems healthy to me
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am sorry to hear the luttle one is having problems.

I can make a couple of suggestions that may help.

You can try some Pedilatric Saline drops called Little Noses. Place on drop in each nostril 3 times a day. This will help with the congestion. As far as for the allergies. You can try one of two over the counter medications. Chlor-trimeton can be given 2-4mgs every 12 hours or you can give 1 mg per pound of body weight of Plain Benedryl every 8 hours. They both may make the dog a little sleepy, but if allergies will help. Please hit reply to discuss thisinformation.

Joan