Dr. Emily
Dr. Emily, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at a small animal clinic
77376308

My puppy is breathing heavy his nose is stuffy. Prince. My

Customer Question

My puppy is breathing heavy his nose is stuffy
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Prince
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Prince?
Customer: Yes, my dog was breeded to early and had him . And he is now two weeks old and she doesn't let him feed . So now I feed him dog formula
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I would like to assist with your concern. I am sorry to hear about your little puppy. My main concern regarding difficulty breathing in a puppy this young is if he has aspirated (inhaled) some of the milk or formula that was giving and now has a respiratory infection. Puppies can also be born with an opening in the roof of their mouth causing the same thing to occur. Because of his age, his little body cannot handle much of an impact so it would be best to have him seen by a vet to check the roof of his mouth and prescribe antibiotics. Is this something that you would be able to do soon?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Emily