Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Wirehaired Pointing Griffon bolted after a cat and has

Customer Question

My Wirehaired Pointing Griffon bolted after a cat and has since been yelping when he puts pressure on front feet/legs also yelps when running up steps. He was X-Rayed which showed negative broken leg
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: He is licking both paws and one was quite red but cleared up.
JA: What is the unknown-word point griffon's name and age?
Customer: O'Malley is 5 and a 1/2 years. I believe that there is a foreign object between the toes or in foot. The vet said that it was a sprain. I do not have any faith in the vet as he wanted $1,500 for surgery when O'Malley got injured before and I declined and healed the dog myself within a month
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about O'Malley?
Customer: I would like a paw specialists opinion on O'Malley in Los Angeles.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 2 months ago.

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

Did your veterinarian take X-rays of the paw to see if they could see a foreign object or to see if there is a fracture on the foot?

How did it go from a sprain to thinking there was a foreign object? Did your veterinarian try treating and it was not getting better? Is there a draining tract?