Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 11 year old terrier has dry itchy skin and i feed her

Customer Question

my 11 year old terrier has dry itchy skin and i feed her nutri source grain free dog food how do i help her?
JA: The Veterinarian's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: am i feeding good food
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the terrier's name?
Customer: itzabella
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Itzabella?
Customer: she just itching and chewing herself im getting worried i live inrual missouri afrid she is feeling bad
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. IF YOU GET REQUEST FOR A PHONE CALL, IT IS FROM THE WEBSITE AND NOT MYSELF. JUST IGNORE IT. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Where exactly on her body is she itching at?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
she mostly chews her back hip area
Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the information. Is she on any type of flea prevention? If so, which one?