Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog had a very hard experience at bow wow camp (1st

Customer Question

My dog had a very hard experience at bow wow camp (1st time). She vomited and wouldn't eat or drink for 24 hrs. She had blood in her stool. She started eating again. She is still bleeding, and I haven't seen any solid stools. I wondered when the bowls should return to normal. She is a 13 yr old Jack / Rat
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, she is just very high strung at this time and the visit to the bow wow totally upset her
JA: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Heidi Baker
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: She did get so upset she quit eating before, but I was concerned about the blood. She doesn't act sick at all
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about your little one. What is her name? How long ago was her last vomit? She is back to eating well again? Are the stools all blood? Or are they a soft stool with some blood streaks in it?