PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dog ate an about half of a 20 mg adderall about 3 hours

Customer Question

hi my dog ate an about half of a 20 mg adderall about 3 hours ago is it to late for hydrogen peroxide. her only symptom is whinning so far
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: her name is ***** ***** is 1 year 1 month old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lili?
Customer: she is about 25 lbs
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now.

We can begin to see symptoms with as little as 10mg of adderall in a dog Lili's size, which is the dose she consumed. 3 hours following ingestion would likely be too late to induce vomiting as we usually begin to see symptoms within 30-60 minutes of ingestion. I would highly recommend a veterinary visit for her since the low end of a toxic dose has been consumed. Failing this, be on the lookout for agitated behavior, vocalizing, head bobbing, racing heart rate, shaking and seizures. If she begins to act abnormally, she absolutely needs to visit an ER overnight promptly.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Lili today?