Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog can't move his left side of his body. Diesel and he

Customer Question

My dog can't move his left side of his body.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Diesel and he was born about nine years ago. The vet is giving him steroids and antibiotic.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Diesel?
Customer: No, he just suddenly wasn't moving his left side. Our local vet said is could possibly be a disc in his neck
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He is "knuckling" his front left leg and it is completely stiff. This was very sudden. He was walking around our property and suddenly couldn't walk or stand. His neck also can't really turn to the left.
Expert:  Samuel Peck replied 2 months ago.

Greetings, I’m Dr. Peck, a small animal veterinarian in general practice. Hopefully I might be of some help. One moment while I reply…

I've reviewed what you've written about Diesel. It sounds like your local vet is concerned about a possible slipped cervical disc causing neurologic deficits on his left side, vs. other causes, and is treating with steroids and antibiotics, is this correct? What is your question at this time?