Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

How does this service work? What are the fees? About 3 weeks…

Customer Question
How does this service...

How does this service work? What are the fees?

Veterinarian's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Veterinarian. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

About 3 weeks ago, my dog began getting hot spots. We took him to our vet and he told us he was having an allergic reaction. He shaved the areas, we treated them with bentadyn and salve, he took anti boiotics and prednizone. He began to feel better after about 4 days. We were on vacation with him while we were treating him. We have been home almost a week now and he is acting weird again. He is listless, walks slowly with his tail between his legs and just doesn't want to move much. No hot spots seem to be returning. I'm just really worried.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

Can't think of anything now.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
When I went to pay my $5 deposit, it defaulted to $19 and wouldn't let me change it to $5. Did I just unknowingly sign up for a recuring payment of some sort?
7/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Experts do not have any access to billing info. I can either contact customer service for you now and allow you to discuss the charges or I can assist further with your companion. If you'd like to continue, can you tell me what breed of dog you own? Do you have video of the way he's walking?

He is a 4 year old Australian Carrle Dog. I had to come back to work so I can't video now, but can around 5-5:30. Does that work? I checked his eyes, they seem to be dialating ok and his gums are pink. If that helps.

A video would be most useful.

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If it fails to load, the files are likely too large. You can also use websites like Imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If this does not work and you’d prefer to text them directly to my cell phone, let me know. There is an additional charge for this, but it can make the job of sending pictures or video much more simple. Just let me know what works for you. I’ll be standing by.

I think I would just like my
Money back. At first I was told it was a $5 deposit and I was charged $19, now an additional charge for photos? Sound like this will not be saving me any money vs going to the vet. Please refund my $19

There's an additional charge for photos IF you want to send them to my cell phone. You are not charged for using the website's attachment function or another site and sharing the link back. The option exists for those that don't want to go through the hassle of uploading pictures or video online.

I'll contact customer service for you. Good luck.