Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I feel horrible! My dogs bark collar was left on her and it

Customer Question

I feel horrible! My dogs bark collar was left on her and it has caused a wound! Please give me some advice on wound care for her!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: No.
JA: Phew. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Remington 9 months old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Remington
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Remington?
Customer: I cleaned it with warm soapy water and peroxide and have her separated from the other dog so he doesn't lick it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sally G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. I am sorry that your question was not picked up sooner.

This happens quite often with the shock collars. At this time it is advised that collar be left off until the wound is healed.

Wash the area daily and apply some chlorhexidine to the area. If you don't have Chklorhexidine you can use a triple antibiotic such as Basitration. Do make sure the ointment does not contain zinc oxide.

Chlorhexidine https://www.amazon.com/Bimeda-Inc-Chlorhexidine-Solution-gallon/dp/B00061MU9W

Expert:  Sally G. replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DakotaSouthFive