Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog can't poop. She has been trying for about 30 min

Customer Question

My dog can't poop. She has been trying for about 30 min (slowly wondering, occasionally squatting). What has come out is liquid-y and gurgly. She is panting hard inside right now, although she is a saint bernard, so that isn't uncommon
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Saint Bernard's name and age?
Customer: Bella. She is between 6 and 9
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?
Customer: I don't htink so. Her bowel movements usually are very consistent. She tells me when she has to go, but can hold it. They are fairly firm 90 % of the time but sometimes a little softer never anything like this though
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry for the delay in hearing back from us.

1) Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Human food? Torn up toys? Stressful changes to the environment?
2) Any blood being passed?