Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic
94981754

I think my dog injested a good amount of vitiman e oil my

Customer Question

I think my dog injested a good amount of vitiman e oil my daughter left it on her floor what do or need to look 4
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Alvin
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Alvin?
Customer: Alvin injested vitiman e oil my kids left out. Will this hurt him
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 2 months ago.

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

When did the ingestion occur?

If the ingestion occurred within the last 30-45 minutes we can induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide.

Generally vitamin E is pretty safe, but we can see some episodes of very greasy, smelly diarrhea. If the diarrhea continues for more than just a couple episodes Alvin will need to be taken to your regular veterinarian tomorrow morning for treatment.

I would recommend feeding Alvin a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice for a few days to mediate some the gastrointestinal symptoms ( like the diarrhea we can see)

Good luck with Alvin

If this was helpful I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you.

Without a rating (the stars at the top) the site will not compensate me for helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney

This Content is not intended to be a substitute for a professional veterinary exam, diagnostics, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your attending veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition of a pet.