Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog has been limping on her left foot it is swollen where

Customer Question

my dog has been limping on her left foot it is swollen where i would call the ankle. She seems very warm to the touch and is in pain. My vet said to give her a buffren asprin and call him in the morning should i take her to ER
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I have and not that I can see I have looked in her pads and between her toes all is good there. she swims everyday and she is very rough in her ways so im not sure what to do
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sully and she is 1yr1/2 she is a pit mix
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sully
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sully?
Customer: She just had her shots 8 days ago 5 of them in clueding 3 year rabies
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you.....so the limp itself is not that concerning but I don't like the swelling....I would definitely would take your dog to the ER....swelling like that could be some serious things....

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Can I answer any other questions or tell you what to ask for when you go to the ER?

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

So I would ask for a 4DX test, and a CBC and also an xray of the leg...

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Can I answer any other questions?

Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional help...Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

I will check back with you tomorrow night. Sincerely, DRB