Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Dog has been itch,scratching and pulling fur out. i have

Customer Question

dog has been itch,scratching and pulling fur out. i have tried swithing to no grain dog food and using a medicated shampoo. the shampoo only helps for a couple of hours. what ca be the cause and what can i do. even her breathing now seems raspy, like fur in throat.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: her name is ***** ***** she's 15.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Candy?
Customer: she doesn not have fleas and she is still active but she is going deaf and worse vision.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What medications have been tried so far?

When did Candy last have bloodwork performed?

Can you share a few pictures of what you're seeing?

What flea medication is she on and when was it last dosed?