Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog ies peeing a lot whats wrong, bella and shes 3, no

Customer Question
my dog ies peeing a...
my dog ies peeing a lot whats wrong
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: bella and shes 3
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: no that s all
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response to your question!

So sorry to hear that your dog is showing these symptoms. There are a wide variety of causes of increased water intake and/ or increased urination in dogs and a first morning urine sample evaluation (collected in a tupperware container, refrigerated if more than an hour old), examination, and bloodwork is warranted to determine the origin or these symptoms.

Differentials for the symptoms include a urinary tract infection (even without overt signs of blood in urine), kidney disease, bladder stones/ crystals, liver issues, endocrine disease such as Cushing's, diabetes. Once diagnostics are done hopefully an answer as far as cause can be determined and appropriate therapy can be initiated but gathering more information is the key to getting her treated and hopefully resolve the symptoms currently experiencing.

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know if I can be of any further assistance today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thank you

I am glad you were able to view my responses, please let me know how else I can assist you both today

Hi Pam,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian