Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic
94981754

We think our german shepherd puppymaybe have eaten Pletal

Customer Question

We think our german shepherd puppymaybe have eaten Pletal that mother-in law takes, do we induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide. We took him to the vet earlier and they put him on IV and gave him some medicine, he still seems to be vomiting, his stool seemed ok.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. What is the German shepherd's name?
Customer: Axle
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?
Customer: He is 10 weeks old and weighs 21 pounds
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 2 months ago.

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

The ingestion of the medication may have occurred after he saw his regular veterinarian earlier today correct?

And he saw your regular veterinarian for vomiting ?

Did they Axle a medication injection of Cerenia ? That is a powerful anti nausea so we may not be able to induce vomiting if so.

Can you tell me the dosage he may have ingested?

This medication is also not really used in animals so there is not much on what side effects we can see but from my research we may see low blood pressure, arrhythmias and collapse. There are no doses published for animals so I may need to recommend that you call animal poison control and speak to a toxicologist so we can find out exactly what we may see.

Kansas State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital offers a free 24-hour poison control hotline that is available to all pet owners in North America. Their number is *****

If that one Is no longer is use we will need to call this one

ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center Phone Number:(###) ###-####/p>

The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) is your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call(###) ###-#### A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card.

Did your veterinarian give cerenia for nausea to Axle? We have a limited window of 30-45 min to induce vomiting since ingestion but the hydrogen peroxide not work (because of the cerenia) and may make his stomach issues worse because of the acidic nature.

Without more information here I need to recommend calling poison control and finding out what symptoms we could see and I am also going to recommend that you call your regular veterinarian after speaking with poison control in cause we need treatment for Axle.

Good luck with Axle. Please follow the recommendations and call poison control so we can be prepared for any symptoms

If this was helpful I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you.

Without a rating (the stars at the top) the site will not compensate me for helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney

This Content is not intended to be a substitute for a professional veterinary exam, diagnostics, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your attending veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition of a pet.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the Vet gave him Metoclopramide
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
he ate the medicine yesterday, not today can we give peroxide ?

I am sorry I was at work and no you cannot induce vomiting now. like I posted above your window of inducing vomiting is only 30-45 minutes after the ingestion.

His symptoms of vomiting today may be related to the ingestion. I would recommend asking your veterinarian tomorrow for a medication called cerenia for the nausea.

How is Axle doing now ?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Meghan Denney